Forums » SMACK TALK 101 » Agent 0....Week 1 in Review

Messages for Agent 0....Week 1 in Review

Comment Posted by little witt Dec 06, 2007 03:42 AM

Week one was full of surprises from start to finish. In the first game, After School Specials squared off against the White Shadows. This was a close game to start, until Keith "the trailer" Smith started to shoot the ball or I mean heave the ball. He shot an amazing 4/30. Yes folks, that is not a type-o he went 4/30. I am pretty sure he did not make a shot in the second half. The similarities to Antonie "Chucker" Walker keep pilling up!!!. I guess the bright side of the 4/30 shooting is that Grinders now has a new state of the art gym to play in. This game also featured the debut of Schwegs. Making his presence felt in right field and at the plate during the summer, Schwegs was eager to carry that momentum over to the court. He had a solid debut, and packed the stat sheet. He lead the After School Specials to victory. It is just a shame that they will not be 1-0 for much longer. The second game was suppose to be a gimme for the Chicken Chokers, but Woods thought otherwise. Woods came out of the gate blazing shooting 9/9, and helping 40 Minutes of Hell Jump out to a lead and making a claim for early season MVP. It was amazing that no one wanted to play defense one him. They must of been amazed by the array of shots that kept falling and said hey, why not keep shooting Woods, your bound to miss eventually. And of course, what would a Chicken Choker game be without May throwing a pass to Hearn that ended up in the wall and enticed Hearn to as usual call May Tommy Maddox. I can only imagine what phenomenal clipboard QB Hearn will shout out today. I have my fingers crossed for Cade McNown. Even with a late second half push by Soluri (i can't believe I just typed that) and Pete, it was not enough for the Chicken Chokers to over come Woods shooting as the first upset of the Grinders season is offically in the books. The night cap pitted the Brick Layers against Head of Steam. This was the game of the night, and no not because I was in it, it was honestly close throughout. It was a hard fought battle until Head of Steam, well actually Perreault caught fire (who do I got to pay around here to get the water filtration system in Lewiston fixed, honestly) and hit their first seven shots out the shoot after the half. Even with a solid second half by Will "the thrill" Mason, Head of Steam prevailed. I cannot talk about that game though, with out mentioning the fact that Justin only had 1 rebound. We went back and check the game film, and that stat is correct. How can you be 6' something or another an only grab one rebound. I am going to start calling him the white Manute Bol. I am not sure what was the worse stat, Chuckers 4/30 or Manutes one rebound. The best way to sum up week #1, well, there had to be something in the water in Lewiston, thats for sure. Well that is all for today. Good luck to all in week two as there as some intriguing match ups including a battle between the GP (Grinders Press) Pre-Seaons #1 and #2 teams.

Week #1 Power Rankings
Head of Steam
40 Minutes of Hell
After School Specials
Chicken Chokers
Bricklayers
White Shadows

Week #1 MVP - Bob Woods
Dud of the Week - Got to be a tie between Chuck and Manute
Stat Stuffer of the Week - Jeff Schwegler

Comment Posted by Nasty Dec 06, 2007 04:16 AM

Witt/Pauls team starting the season 0-2 after tonight

Comment Posted by Shot Dec 06, 2007 04:18 AM

Witt.

GUESS IT'S EASY TO TALK SMAKKK WHEN YOU HAVEN'T SQUARED OFF AGAINST ME YET. I ADMIT TERRIBLE SHOOTING ON MY PART BUT ONLY PLAYING WITH THREE MIGHT MAKE IT TOUGH FOR EVEN THE SO CALLED BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE TO SCORE!
MARK MY WORDS TONIGHT WILL BE A DIFFERENT STORY!!!!!!
I KNOW I CAN NEVER BE AS GOOD AS YOU MR. WITT BUT LETS MATCH STATS TONIGHT IF YOUR UP TO THE CHALLENGE!!!!!!
OUR TEAM WILL BE READY THIS WEEK, THAT'S I PROMISE AND FOR YOU MR. WITT, YOU WILL BE SHUT DOWN WHEN WE FACE EACH OTHER, LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT; I WILL PUT A PROMISE ON THAT ONE....BE READY OR LETS HOPE YOUR BODY CAN HOLD UP WHEN WE MEET, WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE INJURY PRONE AND LOOKING FOR A WAY OUT!!!!

Comment Posted by little witt Dec 06, 2007 05:07 AM

Wow, wow. Injury prone....I have had one major injury, so I am not sure where that comes from. "SO CALLED BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE", are you referring to yourself??? Keith there is no way you will shut me down, I cannot wait to play you. I will match stats for you all year. I am always up for the challenge, and rest assure, I will be up for it when I match up against you.

Comment Posted by Poke Dec 06, 2007 05:19 AM

I would have to agree that week 1 was an unusual week. With Manute only having 1 rebound and Chuckers going 4/30, that definately made the night one to watch and remember. In the long run i think everything will turn around either for the best or for the worst for all teams in the league. Most players have not played since last season ended, so of course week 1 is kind of a "welcome back" or just an eye opener for all those who did not produce as good or as much as they had hoped. My prediction is that by week 3 or 4 that all players will be in the swing of things and get back to what they were used to. As for tonights games. I am not sure about the first two games, but i know the night game is going to be one to watch. Jon "I'm God at Basketball" Witt has made side bets with "Nasty" Nate Smith. I think that "I'm God at Basketball" decided to try and get tips from Pete Rose, but i think he got himself too deep this time!

Comment Posted by little witt Dec 06, 2007 05:25 AM

First of all, these blogs are all in good fun, second of all, I never said I am god at basketball, I am not even the best player in the league.

Comment Posted by Pete Dec 06, 2007 05:39 AM

week 1 review was not to badly written but Jon you should prove read. as far as this week goes the chokers should rebound from a poor showing last week and with the addition of always hustling Jay G. i am predicting a won tonight "i hope" as long as on offence we post up the right people "sampson". as far as the last game goes i was not going to stay but now i will just to get the enjoyment of watching jonboy have the self proclaimed best player in the league "LOL" for lunch. kieth we should all know our limitations and playing basketball should be yours.

with love witt's dad

of course it's all in go fun and once it stops being that we should all look in the mirror.

Comment Posted by MayDay Dec 06, 2007 05:44 AM

Great Re-cap of Week 1 Little Witt. Glad you were able to get that in during your time of surfing the internet at work :) (Hey, use a spell check before you post).

Oh, and yes, I need to stop hitting Hearn in the hands with passes.... Silly me... I make a nice pass... Hearn drops it and I get the turnover. Maybe I should stop shooting 20% from the floor as well.......

Yes, LOVE the UCLA quarterback references.... Maddox, McNown.... Drew Olson... Aikman.... Drew Bennett (yes he played QB in college).

See you all on the floor tonight.

Comment Posted by Nasty Dec 06, 2007 05:45 AM

Witt remember Cheeseburger Sub mayo lett ketchup no tom or onion, fries, mt dew and as far as the beer goes I would like either c light or molson tell ur team to not show save them some gas money and embarrassment lol

Comment Posted by willy Dec 06, 2007 05:56 AM

Nate you better tell your guys to pack a lunch....it's gonna be a long night

Comment Posted by Nasty Dec 06, 2007 06:04 AM

Will it will be a long night for your team pk team is pumped and ready to go

Comment Posted by Poke Dec 06, 2007 06:05 AM

we are aware of the late game but that is fine, my team is reading for action!

Comment Posted by little witt Dec 06, 2007 06:09 AM

I love the trash talk....keep it coming.

Comment Posted by Nasty Dec 06, 2007 06:13 AM

Paul Team is like meatball and tuna fish not so good we like the Big Mac meal from MCDS Who doesn't like the big mac meal

Comment Posted by Shot Dec 06, 2007 06:13 AM

Wow well chatter on me from both Witt's, guess they need two to handle me! Can't wait 4 2nite see you all there!!!

Comment Posted by Pete Dec 06, 2007 06:19 AM

week 1 review was not to badly written but Jon you should prove read. as far as this week goes the chokers should rebound from a poor showing last week and with the addition of always hustling Jay G. i am predicting a won tonight "i hope" as long as on offence we post up the right people "sampson". as far as the last game goes i was not going to stay but now i will just to get the enjoyment of watching jonboy have the self proclaimed best player in the league "LOL" for lunch. kieth we should all know our limitations and playing basketball should be yours.

with love witt's dad

of course it's all in go fun and once it stops being that we should all look in the mirror.

Comment Posted by Pete Dec 06, 2007 06:20 AM

nate, all this trash talking with no game, can't wait to play you my friend.

Comment Posted by Nasty Dec 06, 2007 06:27 AM

peter u better watch urself

Comment Posted by Samps Dec 06, 2007 06:29 AM

I smell a blood bath coming...

Oh, and Pete...I see where your boy gets it from...you may want to proof read next time! Typing "proof" wrong when correcting ones mistake is outstanding!

Comment Posted by little witt Dec 06, 2007 06:31 AM

To quote Reed "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree"

Comment Posted by Pete Dec 06, 2007 06:35 AM

never said i was an english major, jon should have listened to his mother more.

Comment Posted by Pete Dec 06, 2007 07:13 AM

never said i was an english major, jon should have listened to his mother more.

Comment Posted by MayDay Dec 06, 2007 08:17 AM

Witt..... your Dad doesn't spell too well.....

Witt.... Your Dad is burning the hamburgers.....

Comment Posted by Hearnal Sanders Dec 06, 2007 08:37 AM

Dennis, you're absolutely right! I should catch those passes. The problem is, when you over throw me like Losman does with Evans, kind of hard to get my hands on it. Nate, you should grow your hair back, because it's apparently effected your game. Half Witt vs Keith? COME ON! That's like Jason Webster covering Terrell Owens. I'm appauled by people's grammar in these blogs! Sampson, bring that A game, because you're going to need it! Chokers 2007!!!

Comment Posted by DP Dec 06, 2007 08:48 AM

"I'm appauled by people's grammar in these blogs!"

I believe the word is appalled.

Comment Posted by Hearnal Sanders Dec 06, 2007 08:54 AM

You forgot the Quotation marks.

Comment Posted by Hearnal Sanders Dec 06, 2007 08:58 AM

I'm really not sure why I spelled it that way, I know better. Thank you for the correction Dave Perrow. Did I spell that right?

Comment Posted by Nasty Dec 06, 2007 09:08 AM

Hearn I don't think im the one that needs to work on my game vanilla face you cant play ball like us gram crackers I cant wait till we play you and sampsons team will beat you guys with there D game they dont have to bring it to the house against you

Comment Posted by Hearnal Sanders Dec 06, 2007 09:25 AM

How many run on sentences do you have in there? Don't you worry about my game, because I will make it a point to cover you the entire game Cannoli head. Look at you talking up other teams! You should worry about your own game SON.

Comment Posted by Nasty Dec 06, 2007 11:31 AM

Hearn u cover me = def win its hawk nation

Comment Posted by Meat Dec 07, 2007 08:21 PM

WA WA WEE WAA!!!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com