Forums » Agent 0 » Week 10 & 11 Review

Messages for Week 10 & 11 Review

Comment Posted by half witt Feb 28, 2008 03:59 AM

All right folks, here it is. Your last two weeks reviews are finally in. I know week 10 seems so long ago, but here is brief reminder how it went down. In the opener of week 9, The White Shadows almost had there second win of the season in the first game of the night, but came up just short in a hard fought battle against the Chicken Chokers, 19-15. The Chokers, down at the half, made a push to take the lead when Justin started the second half 5/5. Justin had a solid all around game to lead the Chokers to victory. Shadows were lead by Scott with 7pts, but it was not enough in the end. The middle game of the evening was also a highly contested match between Head of Steam and After School Specials. Lou had one of his best games in his Grinders career (see stat stuffer) to help secure the victory for the Steam, 17-14. Poke could not hit the broad side of a barn this game, as he shoot 2/14. Pete was a bright spot for the Specials, as he finally played well for his new team (6pts, 5rbs). The night cap saw 40 Minutes of Hell continue their win streak and defeat the Bricklayers 24-17. The Shadows were powered by the usual suspects Simon and Sean, but also had a solid game from Little Benson. May kept the Bricklayers hanging around for a little bit with 9ast and 13rbs. And now on to week 10. To start the night off, After School Specials got back on the winning track with a 24-21 victory of The White Shadows. This game was the best overall team game that the After School Specials have played this season. Poke, Jeff and Nate combined for 20pts, 11ast, 35rbs. The Shadows played this game short handed, but were able to call Ian as a late sub. Ian had a solid 6pts, 15 rbs in his season debut. The middle game featured the Chokers and 40 Minutes. The Chokers were up 3 at the half, up could not hold on to the lead as Simon shot 11/17 in the second half to secure their eleventh win of the season, 23-17. The Chokers were with out Soluri this game, as he was to busy relishing in the sent of the flowers that his girlfriend sent to him at work. If any one wants, I am sure you can stop his office for a smell. Anyways, back to the games. To end the evening, the Bricklayers played a hard fought game, only to come up one point short in overtime against the Steam, 26-25. Samps, Swain and Perreault all had solid games to secure the win. Dennis and Paul kept the Bricklayers in it with their stellar play on both ends of the court, but in the end, it was not enough. Before I get to the weekly awards, I have to say something. There is a theory floating around, that has turned in to a Grinders truth. You cannot bring you're girlfriend, wife, fiancée, estranged lover or anything to a grinders game with out consequence. The Tony Romo syndrome does live large in the grinders gym. One would thought after seeing fellow players (Will, Scott, Soluri, Lou) all fall victim to this syndrome that Zach would learn his lesson. But, he did not believe in the myth, and brought his girlfriend anyways. Hey Zach, going 1/6 only proves that the myth is true. So in closing for all of you out there debating whether to bring your girl or not, just remember that the Tony Romo syndrome is not a myth, and it lives large at the Grinders gym and it will stop at nothing to embarrass you.

Week 10 MVP: Justin 8pts, 2ast, 13rbs, 1blk, 1stl
Week 11 MVP: Jeff 9pts, 5asts, 10rbs, 4stls

Week 10 Stat Stuffer: Lou 4pts, 3asts, 18rbs, 3blks, 3stls
Week 11 Stat Stuffer: May 10pts, 4asts, 18rbs, 4stls

Week 10 Dud: Sampson 1/11, 4TOS
Week 11 Dud: Zach....TONY ROMO SYNDROME

ROY Watch Week 10/11 Total:

Jeff: 12pts, 8asts, 15rbs, 4stls, 5TOS
Swain: 13pts, 3asts, 15rbs, 5TOs

Comment Posted by Newbs Feb 28, 2008 04:10 AM

I was 2/11, much worse, get the true effects straight haha.

Comment Posted by Shot Feb 28, 2008 04:19 AM

With the first game of the night only half a day away, the buzz around the locker room for the Head of Steam team is not good on the injury front. SS Snickers, a key reserve, who always gives quality minutes off the bench is rumored to be nursing a sore knee. In other related news, the strength in the middle of the lineup, Big Lou, is playing hurt with a injured shooting hand.

With all that going on, let's hope D.P. can lay off the JACK AND COKE for one night.
See you all out there SHOT!!!!

Comment Posted by Nasty Feb 28, 2008 10:31 AM

Even without poke the After School Specials are guaranteeing a win tonight

Comment Posted by MayDay Feb 28, 2008 10:44 AM

Guarantee ??? I guarantee that you will score no more than 4 buckets tonight Nasty Nate.

D May (the D stands for Defense) is primed up to shut you down !!!

You better hope that Witt's Dad or Crazy Al picks up for your slack-ass tonight !!

Comment Posted by Nasty Feb 28, 2008 11:26 AM

Dennis the D stands for Douche bag!!!!!! I will see you on the court tonight

Comment Posted by whole Witt Feb 29, 2008 04:10 AM

The old man did it again, beat the young pup. Nice try my son nice try.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com