Forums » Agent 0 » Week 9

Messages for Week 9

Comment Posted by half witt Feb 07, 2008 06:22 AM

We Nine featured a The White Shadows claiming their first victory of the year, and a classic double overtime game between the Head of Steam and 40 Minutes of Hell. Before we get to both of those games, lets talk about the early came of the night. The Chicken Chokers were down early but showed some heart and fought back to make the came respectable. Justin and Hearn crashed the boards hard to keep the Chokers alive until the end. The After School Specials had a great team effort with balance scoring and rebounding to pull out of the victory. The middle game was a double overtime Grinders instant classic. The Head of Steam and 40 Mintues of Hell played an intense 48 minutes of basketball (both teams had no subs I might add), with 40 Minutes of Hell prevailing. 40 Minutes was lead by its usual tandem of Simon and Shawn, but had solid defensive from Little Benson and Nick in the overtimes. Head of Steam did the best they could to stay in the game, missing two key players and a bench player (Snickers!!!). They pulled together as a team to battle until the very end, only to lose a heart breaker. Zach and Perreault had solid games in all the major category's to lead the Steam. While the was the best game ever played in the Grinders league, the game that followed it was probably the ugliest game in Grinders history. The White Shadows combined hot shooting and a wonderfully played 2-2 zone to shut down the Bricklayers in the second half and claim their first "W". The team shot an astounding 47% in the second half. They also had everyone on the boards as they totaled 44 boards as a team. The Bricklayers only managed to score three points in the second half. Last time I checked, that is not going to win you any games. Congrats on your first "W" Shadows. Before I end this, I have to touch on one thing, and that is GOODBYE Skee-Loo, Ron Harper, Ball or whatever you are called. We all know what happen with you at work, but that is no excuse to turn your back and your team and quit in the middle of an un-defeated season. Oh, and of course what would be a week in the Grinders league with out a trade. The Chokers sent Palmer (who I am pretty sure is not even living in this state anymore) to the Shadows for Trailer.

Week 9 Power Rankings:

40 Minutes of Hell (9-0)
After School Specials (6-3)
Chicken Chokers (4-5)
Head of Steam (4-5)
Bricklayers (3-6)
White Shadows (1-8)

Week #8 MVP - Poke (5 pts, 4 ast, 17 rbds, 1 blk, 6 stls)
Dud of the Week - The Whole Bricklayers Squad....10% shooting in the 2nd half
Stat Stuffer of the Week - Mike (1pts, 6 ast, 8 rbs, 5 stls)

ROY Watch To Date Totals:

Jeff: 8GP 28/71, 28 pts, 24 asts, 74 rbs, 2 blks, 19 stls, 23 to
Swain: 9GP 48/116, 48 pts, 13 asts, 70 rbs, 0 blks, 11 stls, 13 to
Soluri: 8GP 35/102, 35 pts, 10 asts, 33 rbs, 3 blks, 4 stls, 13 to

I know, it is really just a two person race for ROY, but I did not want to hear the third candidate bug me over and over again to put his stats in there anymore.

Comment Posted by DP Feb 07, 2008 07:43 AM

Wow trading an out of state player for K. Smith? So let me get this straight - Hearn gets a player and trades nothing. Mikey trades Keith for nothing.

Wow what a trade...a retired player for Keith.......Awesome trade.....

MIKEY!!!!!!!!

P to the Psardellis ending the long strained relationship with stat stuffer (to's, missed shots, getting scored on....etc.) Keith Smith. Keith has plenty to prove.....we will see. Psardellis might be in line for GM of the year.

Comment Posted by Shot Feb 07, 2008 11:10 AM

DP.......YOU ARE CORRECT I DO HAVE ALOT TO PROVE YET I JUST LOVE HOW YOU ONLY MENTION THE NEGATIVES THOUGH!!!
NO WORRIES, I JUST HOPE MY OLD TEAM CAN GET SOME REBOUNDS, ASSISTS, AND STEALS IN MY ABSENCE.
GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS TONIGHT!!!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com