Forums » Agent 0 » Week 8

Messages for Week 8

Comment Posted by half witt Jan 31, 2008 05:37 AM

Well week 8 is in the books. The White Shadows are still winless and 40 Minutes of Hell is still un-defeated. 40 Minutes of Hell and After School Specials played a close game in the first half, until Simon and Shawn turned it on to take control. Simon and Shawn lead the charge with 16 combined points to remain un-defeated. After School Specials got solid contributions from Jeff and Nate on both ends of the court, but it was not enough in the end. The owner of the After School Specials was so disgusted after the win the he pulled the trigger on a trade sending Jake to the Chokers in exchange for Pete. The middle game featured a sober Head of Steam squad against the winless Shadows. This game was not that close as Sampson and Perreault led the charge en route to a convincing victory. The Shadows are starting to play well as a team as they look for that all important first win of the season. The night cap was much like the game before it, as it was not even close. The Chokers were led by Vinny, who had the best game of his grinders career with 8 pts and some very stellar defense. May kept the Bricklayers with in striking distance for a while, but it was not enough. Tonights games will be interesting. Two of the players that are up for the ROY will either not play, or are in question. Jeff suffered an injury at the hands of a errant beer bottle, and will be forced to miss at least a game, and the status of Ball is up in the air after he was dismissed from work. This is a perfect week for Swain to sway some votes. After the trade to the After School Specials, Pete brings some much needed guidance to that team, and he finally gets the match up that he has been waiting for for over a year now. It is just a shame that a certain someone will not be able to make it because of a phantom open house for his kids. Who has an open house in January anyway? Aren't they usually in the beginning of the school year? Is some one ducking someone? Oh, well I guess we are all going to have to wait. Anyways, one last thing I have to talk about. The owner of the winless White Shadows has guaranteed a victory. Now I know the Bricklayers are in a slump and will be with out May, but that sounds like some motivation to me, and I am very pumped to play this game tonight. Good luck to all, and I will see you at the gym.

Week 8 Power Rankings:

40 Minutes of Hell (8-0)
After School Specials (5-3)
Chicken Chokers (4-4)
Head of Steam (4-4)
Bricklayers (3-5)
White Shadows (0-8)

Week #8 MVP - Perreault (9 pts, 4 asts, 3 rbs, 2 stls)
Dud of the Week - Witt - 3/19...ouch
Stat Stuffer of the Week - Zach 3pts, 4ast, 7rbs, 3stls, 0Tos.

ROY Watch Week 8:
Ron Harper: No Shots, 4asts, 9rbs, 3stl, 1TO
Jeff: 5pts 4ast, 8rbs, 1blk, 5stl, 4TO
Swain: 3pts, 4ast, 7rbs, 3stl, 1TO

Comment Posted by Nasty Jan 31, 2008 06:16 AM

PETER

Comment Posted by Pete Jan 31, 2008 07:11 AM

Peter what, I ready Nate

Comment Posted by DP Jan 31, 2008 08:04 AM

What do these three have in common?

Jimmy Hoffa

Amelia Earhart

Jason Ball

Comment Posted by the shot pt 2 Jan 31, 2008 08:30 AM

WGR.com....
During morning press conferences on Thursday Boerdner stated "I guarantee a win today. Its about time we got out of the gutter and establish a little momentum with the playoffs not to far away. The Bricklayers are just the team to get that underway." Boerdner was also quoted saying "and if Witt has the pleasure of guarding me...well he knows what is coming" and he walked away laughing. This could be a interesting matchup with now two members of the Shadows guaranteeing victory.

Comment Posted by Nasty Jan 31, 2008 08:57 AM

I am pumped on the addition to the team pete going to tear s%#* up

Comment Posted by half witt Jan 31, 2008 09:16 AM

For all of you not planning on staying for the 8 PM game, you might want to change your mind

Comment Posted by Mikey Jan 31, 2008 09:46 AM

AP-Thats right folks, 2 guarantees by White Shadow players, including one by the gm. Shadows Gm Mike Psaradelis caused quite a stir earlier this week when he guaranteed a win vs the Bricklayers. The comment was made off the record but was leaked by a source that shall remain nameless (Dave Perreault). Psaradelis did not back down from his bold prediction when questioned about it thursday afternoon, "we are gonna go out there and win, flat out". Shooting guard Eric Boerdner backed up his gm's comments by saying "He's 100% right, we are gonna win". 1st round pick Scotty Walters was less then impressed, saying "I dont understand why they would make such comments, we are the laughing stock of the league and shouldnt be giving any team bulletin board material".

-Stay tuned for more on this story.

Comment Posted by Mikey Jan 31, 2008 10:06 AM

AP WIRE- Breaking news, as if the game tonight wasn't heated enough, Bricklayers power forward Aaron Kiselev has sent a personal challenge to Keith Smith. The 2 had a altercation in the previous meeting that nearly caused Smith to be expelled from the league. Kiselev was overheard saying "if he tries that cheap s%$# again, he is gonna be in for a long evening". The normally mild mannered Kiselev finally let loose after constant questioning and badgering at the dacw retail store. Will Keith Smith have a response before gametime or will let his actions speak on the court.

Comment Posted by half witt Jan 31, 2008 10:13 AM

Wow, I love it

Comment Posted by Shot Jan 31, 2008 10:41 AM

Sources closest to White Shadows player Keith Smith, have reported that the player has been a no show for media day and is expected a league fine for his absence. One player has spoken with Keith stating that "HIS PLAY SO FAR THIS SEASON HAS BEEN A DISAPPOINTMENT TO HIM PERSONALLY AND NO FURTHER COMMENTS WILL BE MADE UNTIL HE IMPROVES HIS PERFORMANCE!!!"
Though reporters have tried desperately to reach the player for a response to controversial comments made by Bricklayers power forward Aaron Kiselev his whereabouts at this time are unknown!!!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com