Forums » SMACK TALK 101 » Head of Steam or Full of Booze?

Messages for Head of Steam or Full of Booze?

Comment Posted by DP Jan 11, 2008 09:17 AM

AP WIRE - First a three game losing streak and now Re-Hab for one of the starters? Inside sources report Head of Steam starting forward Dave Perreault attending a “seminar” on the effects of abusing alcohol at Brylin Alcohol and Rehab Facility in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. Rumors ran rampant that pre-game drinking had become a problem with the team. Team Capt. Brian Sampson was unavailable for comment.

Sources also claim Sampson took part in what can only be called “pregame debauchery” at a local saloon. Two observers from last night’s game had these adjectives to describe Perreault and Sampson in warm ups; “Drunk and Drunker”. Not what a team owner wants to hear about two league veterans expected to lead the team. When the young guys have to tell the vets to slow down on the booze; you can expect problems in the win column.

HOS has been a bit of a head scratcher this season, at times they look as good as any team in the league, at other times they look like also rans and has beens. Getting Perreault to stop hanging with his buddy Jack Daniels before late games could help. If HOS players continue down their recent booze soaked ways, Championship dreams may drown in a pool of Whisky and Beer.

Comment Posted by MayDay Jan 11, 2008 09:54 AM

Boozing also leads to a trade made:

To add to the original story, there was a third member of the pre-game Griders Booze fest last night... D May

May shows up right at tip off for the game vs. 40 Minutes of Hell after Samspson twists his arm into having 1 more glass of barley and hopps. May even gets a frantic call from the Chicken Chokers Manager Jim Hearn to see where he was.

40 Minutes's star player Simon comments to D May during the game that he smells like a Sam Adams brewery.....

And today, D May finds out he was traded to "Witt's Team" for high scoring Justin.

Looks like Hearn was sending a message to his team....

Without Justin, Witt will eventually look to break Eric's record of most shots in a game.

Comment Posted by Justin Jan 11, 2008 11:25 AM

Woah really? I've always wanted to be part of a blockbuster trade. I feel like a washed-up relief pitcher who found out he was traded by reading the morning paper.

Looks like Laux and Champs in the mall will have to clearance out my old Bricklayers replica jerseys and make room for the new Chokers ones.

Comment Posted by Pete Jan 14, 2008 06:26 AM

D May I know if I where asked I would have protested the trade but being a bench player I was as surprised as you where. Good luck to you, maybe you can help keep Jon's head out of his ass when shots don't go in right away.

Comment Posted by MayDay Jan 15, 2008 10:04 AM

Witt..... your Dad wants me to be your mentor......

Witt... your Dad is gonna win Comeback Player of the Year from this season !!!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com