Forums » Agent 0 » Week 5 In Review

Messages for Week 5 In Review

Comment Posted by half witt Jan 10, 2008 03:52 AM

I know you all missed reading the newest installment of the blog last week, but after a brief hiatus, it feels good to be back. Lets start off with the opener in week five, which fitted the newly revamped White Shadows vs Chicken Chokers. This was a tight game from start to finish. Earlier in the day, the White Shadow made a deal to attempt to give them a presence in the middle with the acquisition of Tim Blest. Tim was not there at the tip off, making the White Shadows feel they got the wool pulled over their eyes by the Steam, however, five minutes in to the game, and one traffic ticket later, Tim finally made his debut. Granted it was not enough, as the White Shadows lost a close one 21-19, but once Tim gets his legs under him, the White Shadows may actually win a game this year. The Chokers were able to beat the Shadows with a balance scoring attack. They got solid contributions Vinny (6pts), May (5pts 16 rbs), and Pete (4pts 7asts). And like usual, Hearn thinks he got hosed on his stats, complaining after the game that he had way more then four rebounds. Hearn, we all love you, but lay of the statisticians, there is no "H" in team. The only thing I have to say about the Shadows is Trailer has more turnovers, then FGs made...that is tough to do. The middle game featured the struggling Head of Steam vs the streaking After School Specials. The Specials came out hot and were led by Poke, who had his best game of the season (did he attend a middle school dance before the game??). He had a solid double double with 10 pts & 10 rbs to lead his team to victory. This game however was won underneath the glass as the Specials had four players (Nate, Poke, Jeff, Al) with five or more rebounds. The Specials seem to have there groove back, and are going to be a tough team to beat. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the once unbeaten Steam have now dropped two straight despite a solid effort from Lou and Swain, granted they have not been fully healthy, but two losses, is two losses no matter how you slice it. They will however be fully healthy tonight, with Eric back when they battle the Bricklayers so we will see what happens. The night cap had the undefeated 40 Minutes of Hell against the Bricklayers. This game got ugly quick. 40 Minutes got off to a big lead quick and stayed hot throughout to win decisively. Simon lead the charge with a dominating performance on the the offensive and defensive end. He ended up with 9pts & 6blks and shut down the leading scorer in the league. Jason "Ron Harper" Ball and Shawn continue to play well for 40 Minutes as they are clearly the team to beat at this stage in the season. Before I get in to the Ron Harper explanation, I have to say something positive about Reed. He had 5pts & 5rbs, and I am not sure he will ever have that type of game again, so I had to point it out. Yes Ball, you are Ron Harper. Granted, you play well, and I am not taking anything away from you or your game, but who cannot dominate the oppositions third best defender. So like Ron Harper, who thought he was better then he was, got all his stats and glory playing against the guys who did not want to cover MJ (Simon) or Pippen (Shawn). Anyways, I had to get a few jabs in there before the blog was done. Good luck to all tonight, and I will see you on the blog spot next week.

Week 5 Power Rankings:

40 Minutes of Hell (5-0)
After School Specials (3-2)
Head of Steam (3-2)
Chicken Chokers (2-3)
Bricklayers (2-3)
White Shadows (0-5)

Week #5 MVP - Simon
Dud of the Week - Witt....I got owned, end of story
Stat Stuffer of the Week - Simon 9pts, 3asts, 4rbs, 6blks, 2stls
Zach 4pts, 3asts, 15rbs, 3stls

ROY Watch Season Totals:
Ron Harper 29pts, 7asts, 54rbs, 12stls, 1blks, 9to
Jeff 12pts, 16asts, 50rbs, 12stls, 0blks, 16to
Swain 29pts, 11ast, 29rbs, 4stsl, 0blks, 6to

Comment Posted by j.ball Jan 10, 2008 05:05 AM

witt, dont take this out on ron harper. what did he do to deserve that comparison

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com