Forums » SMACK TALK 101 » Blest Waives No-Trade Rights; Deal Imminent?

Messages for Blest Waives No-Trade Rights; Deal Imminent?

Comment Posted by timmer Dec 31, 2007 06:04 AM

Reports say that F Tim Blest has waived his no-trade rights in anticipation of being dealt today.

Although his contract does not provide a no-trade clause, the league observes a trade embargo between Dec 24 and January 2 in observance of the holiday season.

Blest, who has rehabbed from a foot injury, is eager to get onto the court. It appears as though there is no room for the forward in the talented Head of Steam rotation, and rumblings of turmoil on the roster have been rampant since before the season began.

Rumors surfaced late Saturday night that White Shadow GM Mike Psaradelis had the groundwork for a deal in place. There is some confusion as to whether the Shadows were given a 48 hour window to negotiate with the player, and review medical reports. There is further question as to whether HOS GM Brian Sampson is aware that he is in fact making the trade.

Psaradelis has been quoted as saying the team needs " a rotund forward with a lack of speed" to provide his team a "presence in the paint and at the bar." Medical reports obtained by this reporter confirm the portly stature of Blest, as well as signs of years of alcohol consumption, making him the prime candidate to fill the Shadows needs.

Comment Posted by Samps Jan 02, 2008 09:22 AM

continuing the story...

Head of Steam GM Brian Sampson was made aware that he was ALREADY in trade negotiations over the holiday break. A 3rd party who will remain nameless (Witt) began the trade talks...I mean rumors on behalf of both teams.

One team insider said that when confronted by Tim Blest about the trade rumors Sampson had this to say..."huh?, what are you talking about?" Once Sampson realized he was already involved in talks he intensified his efforts by actually talking to the other team. A proposal was made and a deal was struck...all that waits is league approval.

I caught up with Mr. Sampson leaving the team's facilities in Amherst, NY and he had this to say: "With our last game being a loss we as a team realized we needed a deeper bench...this no sub crap is not for us. With the acquisition of this player (who will be named once the league approves the trade) we feel we have really solidified our chances of making a championship run." When asked if there are anymore moves to be made Sampson had this to say..."you will have to wait and see."

Stay tuned for the rest of the story...

Comment Posted by Mikey Jan 02, 2008 12:16 PM

The White Shadows and Head of Steam have finalized a 2 player trade, sending Chris "lenny" lenhart to HOS in return for Tim Blest. GM Mike Psaradelis was quoted as saying "we need to stir things up, were 0-4 and one of players was just kicked out of the league." Blest will add well needed size and power to a team that has none. Psaradelis also added "this is nothing personal to lenny, he was a great player and he will be missed." Blest, who has played with both psaradelis and walters is excited about the oppurtunity "I'am so happy that I'm no longer on the same team as Perreault and Lou" he said.

There has been some animosity between Lou and Tim ever since Lou threatened to "shoot" Blest in the face, even though as far as we know Lou was born in the suburbs, does not own a firearm,and possibly still lives with his parents.

Comment Posted by Samps Jan 03, 2008 07:00 AM

This just in...

Newly acquired forward Chris "Lenny" Lenhart will be inserted into tonight's starting line up. Dave Perreault missed this mornings shoot around with the flu and will be a scratch tonight. The Steam GM had this to say..."This is exactly the reason why we made the deal, with Eric "The Shot part II" Boerdener still not reporting to the team we would have been running without any subs again." Asked if there was any update on The Shot's status Sampson said "not at this time."

Another trade possible?

Comment Posted by the shot pt 2 Jan 04, 2008 07:16 AM

Boerdner hurt and discouraged by GM's statement
Said Boerdner "Am I Wanted"
By Jerry Sullivan

Buffalo,NY-In a recent interview Head of Steam's GM Brian Sampson alluded that another trade may be in the makings made in reference to Boerdner not yet reporting to the team. Although phone calls to Sampson have not yet been returned to neither confirm nor deny the rumor of a Boerdner trade I sat down with Boerdner to discuss the rumors. When asked about the possible trade, Boerdner stated "Sampson has a team to run, although i havent reported to the team, however with good reason, i know me not being there has hurt the team at times, not because i averaged 50 shots a game last year but the fact that there's one less player out there." I also asked if he had heard any news "he said not from The Steam leading me to wonder "am i wanted" he did go on to say that he has been contacted by someone within the Bricklayers organization, but declined to comment on who and the extent of the conversation. Boerdner did however, make it clear that he will return to action next week, although he is not sure with who."

Comment Posted by Samps Jan 04, 2008 09:53 AM

HOS Gm Speaks out...

Team GM issues statement:

"I just want to clear things up and say that Eric Boerdner IS a member of the Steam. We are sensitive to Eric's situation and look forward to him making his return to the court. Eric is a valuable member of this team and his play can only help us as we enter a tough stretch of the schedule. As for Eric being contacted by a member of the Bricklayers organization... I'm sure contact with a player that is under contract is in the league bylaws and a formal inquiry will be sent to the league for review of tampering."

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com