Forums » Agent 0 » Week 3 Review

Messages for Week 3 Review

Comment Posted by half witt Dec 20, 2007 04:08 AM

Week 3 has come and gone, but not with out its fair share of entertainment. Lets start with the first game of the night, Head of Steam Vs The White Shadows. This game was close in the first half, until Head of Steam took over lead by the shooting of Perreault in the second half. Head of Steam had balanced scoring throughout with three guys scoring seven or more points (do not worry, one was not Sampson). The White Shadows struggled during this game playing with 3 1/2 players. Their bench decided not to show up, opting to do other things that they probably thought would get them laid, but we all know when all is said and done, it was Rosey Palms that came through in the clutch for them. Ok, back to the games. There really is no one that stood out for the White Shadows in the match up, except Zach putting in a solid effort on one leg. I cannot move on to the next game, with out giving props to Perreault. In a post last week, Perreault called his shot, and I quote "I am swatting Keith's shit back to California tonight!". Sure as shit, nine minutes in to the first half, Perreault backed his talk up, and swatted a Trailer shot. Nicely done Perreault, but please pass the torch on to me tonight!!! The middle game of the evening was between After School Specials and 40 Minutes ofl Hell. After Schools Specials were handicapped early on as Poke did not show up until the second half, which by then the deficit was to much to over come. 40 Minutes of Hell is becoming a solid team, and will be a force to deal with. The inside outside threat of Simon and Shawn is one of the best one-two punches in the league, plus they have the deadly shooting of Bob. The night cap was a classic battle between The Bricklayers and The Chicken Chokers. The Chicken Chokers won a tight battle by one point to claim thier first win of the season. The Chokers kept it together, and were not at each others throat and played as a team, with contributions from everyone. The Bricklayers got a solid effort from Coxford and I have said it before, and I will say it again, you cannot give Paul an inch, he will shoot it in your face and he will make you pay. I am looking forward to a re-match with the Chokers, as the image of Soluri's face after the win haunts me. He looked like a giddy school girl who just got her first kiss from her crush, behind the shed. Week 4 will certainly be an interesting one as the two undefeated teams battle each other. Head of Steam gets Eric back, but how will it affect their chemistry, as we all know Eric holds the record for most shots in a game. Will Perreault be ok with sharing the ball a little more, will Snickers be ok not being the first guy off the bench....only time will tell. Tonight will also feature the highly anticipated match up between Trailer and myself. There is some talk that Trailer is backing away from his original challenge and does not want to cover me. Trailer, it was you that challenged me........I will see you on the court. Good luck to all tonight, and Happy Holidays. Before I forget, I have to give one shout out to Pete, yes father you beat your son this week (and hit the winner), but remember, the season is young my father, and revenge is sweet.

Week #3 Power Rankings: (Not much change)
Head of Steam (3-0)
40 Minutes of Hell (3-0)
Chicken Chokers (1-2)
Bricklayers (1-2)
After School Specials (1-2)
White Shadows (0-3)

Week #3 MVP - Shawn Crandall
Dud of the Week - Jeff...sorry Jeff but you went 0/10
Stat Stuffer of the Week - Perreault (11/18, 3 AST, 4 RBS, 1 MONSTER BLOCK, 1 STL)

Comment Posted by Shot Dec 20, 2007 05:13 AM

Witt,

Nice commentary. I did challenge you and the roomer mill is what it is, JUST A RUMOR!
I will not back down to the challenge and look forward to our match up tonight, at last we will be at full strength for once, I HOPE!!!!!!!!!!
I wish all a good game tonight and Happy Holidays!

Comment Posted by j.ball Dec 20, 2007 06:09 AM

Wow thats some week in review!

Now i must say that i am a team first player and as long as we win i dont care how i play.

but the lack of respect that i have gotten from you each week in your reviews is ridiculous. Now i will be the first to say im not the best, second best and probably not the third best player on my team but lets take a look at my stats here WITT!

FIRST OFF- MY TEAM IS 3-0

RANKED 7TH IN SCORING / RANKED SECOND IN STEALS (behind my own teammate) / RANKED 4TH IN

REBOUNDS (at barely 5 '10 ), BUT YET , no recognition from you.

Last week - 8 for 17 , 4 steals , 13 rebounds

Whats with the lack of respect?

Comment Posted by DP Dec 20, 2007 06:13 AM

As a lead representative in the BGBL Players Association Union, it is my responsibility to keep a pulse on the league. One very, very popular sentiment is expressed almost each time I speak with one of our players. The sentiment?

"I can't wait to play Keith! Not Keith's team mind you...just Keith!"

Very interesting. Some examples of follow up statements:

"I will light his ass up!", "Keith is dreaming if he thinks he can guard me!", I'll swat that gun..noooo problem".

Hmmmm.....interesting. Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears the BGBL Players Association unanimously feels that playing against Keith will provides dramatic improvement in the opposing players stats.

The Union is solid on this point. After playing Keith last week....well.....I have to agree!!!!!!

Comment Posted by j.ball Dec 20, 2007 06:37 AM

Witt, come here and give me a hug, so we can make up like Hearn and Soluri did!

Comment Posted by half witt Dec 20, 2007 06:48 AM

Ball, truth is, you were my stat stuffer of the week, until you asked for. You cannot go ask for awards and receive them. You have been playing great, and you have an early lead in the rookie of the year voting, however, let the press decide the awards, and let your playing do the talking.

Comment Posted by Pete Dec 20, 2007 06:54 AM

One of the key stats you forget was the 5 airballs Keith put up on week 3, and yes the old man took his son to school one more time.

Comment Posted by j.ball Dec 20, 2007 06:54 AM

well, well ,well . i seem to remember the conversation a little differently. i believe i said i am going to be pushing for rookie of the year votes. never said anything else about your silly little awards.

Comment Posted by Chris Dec 20, 2007 06:54 AM

Just a quick announcement on some construction going on at the office later today. We will be having the front doors widened to accommodate J.Ball's head so he is able to leave the building tonight for his game, of which he will obviously be the MVP for his team. We will then be having the phone company in to fix his horn so he can toot it a little louder. Little Witt has shown some good observation skills with his last post--funny how those people who don't need to open their mouth and blow horn EARN the respect they deserve. Hmmmm. I have a feeling that his opposition tonight might be looking to pull a "Keith" defensively...........

Comment Posted by j.ball Dec 20, 2007 06:56 AM

very creative

Comment Posted by j.ball Dec 20, 2007 07:03 AM

Now relax Soluri, its a little joke between me and Witt, stemming from the christmas party. No one is tooting their own horn here.

Comment Posted by Nasty Dec 20, 2007 08:40 AM

Hawk Nation is going to dominate tonight

Comment Posted by Vinny Dec 20, 2007 08:54 AM

i might not be able to swat u nate, but if i gotta i will take u out...bertuzzi gave me some tips and coach gave me the nod...

Comment Posted by half witt Dec 20, 2007 09:01 AM

All I have to say is trade winds are swirling

Comment Posted by Nasty Dec 20, 2007 09:05 AM

Moore didn't have a hawk, its hawk nation tonight

Comment Posted by Pete Dec 20, 2007 09:48 AM

I'm looking forward to nasty nate tonight, bring it on big boy

Comment Posted by Vinny Dec 20, 2007 10:51 AM

Now snickers on the other hand, i can and will swat next time we play if he dares to shoot in my vacinity...

Comment Posted by Nasty Dec 21, 2007 08:20 AM

Pete I brought it and ur vanilla face couldn't handle it

Comment Posted by Pete Dec 28, 2007 05:21 AM

only because i hardly touch the ball, you and 1 on 1 pal

Comment Posted by Nasty Dec 28, 2007 05:54 AM

Pete I dont want to break ur ankles

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com