Forums » Agent 0 » Week 2

Messages for Week 2

Comment Posted by little witt Dec 13, 2007 03:02 AM

Week two has come and gone, and yes like Poke said it would, most of the rust has fallen off for a lot of the player, but for some, that rust is just won't budge, in fact it keeps piling on. The first game of the night saw Head of Steam stay un-beaten as they knocked off the Chicken Chokers by a ten point margin. Lou dominated the boards for the Steam, pulling down an astounding 25 rebounds against a team that is big in the interior. The scoring was balanced through out the Steam, and they will be a force for the remainder of the Grinders season, and to think they are not even at full strength. The Chokers struggled through the game, as turmoil is spreading like wildfire through that team. Team members are yelling at each other during the game, and their bench just got up and left the gym during the second half. Who is running this team, Isiah Thomas, are we sure this is not the New York Knick in disguise? Rumor has it that there was some motivational emails passed internally throughout the team, so it will be interested to see how the Knicks, um I mean Chokers come out and play in week three as they look to claim their first win of the season. The White Shadows and 40 Minutes of Hell was the middle game of the evening. This game featured the debut of Reed, the captain of 40 Minutes of Hell. Reed stepped on the floor after a brief absence, and it was like he was not even there. Going 0/6 from the field, with 3 turnovers, Reed should of never laced up his sneakers. 40 Minutes formed a well balanced attack lead by Simon and Shawn and stellar defense from the entire team to keep their record unblemished. On the other hand however, the White Shadows are hurting. With no true big man, or scorer (Sorry Keith), it is tough for them to find offense, and get a stop on defense when their is a big man in the middle. All I have to say, is good luck with Lou tonight!!! The night cap of the evening was arguably the best game of the night. It was a hard fought battle between the Bricklayers and the After School Special. The Bricklayers barley squeezed out the two point victory in overtime. The Bricklayer were inspired early on by the play of Will "The Thrill" Mason, who might actually be coming in to his own. Wait, did I just type that, something is obviously wrong with me. I have to mention the monster pick the Coxford set on Jeff. I think Jeff will keep his head up from now on. After School Specials never gave up during the game, and had a solid contribution from their entire team. I know, I went a little easy on the trash talk this week, but I figured I would throw a mild blog in the mix every now and then. Enjoy week 3 and good luck!!!

Oh yeah, one last thing; here are the comparative stat lines that Keith challenged me on last week. You really did not think I would forget to post them did you:

Keith: 2/14 (better then 4/30) 1 AST 3 REB 2 STL 3 TO
Witt : 13/26 3 AST 4 REB 3 STL 3 TO

You be the judge.

Week #3 Power Rankings: (Not much change)
Head of Steam (2-0)
40 Minutes of Hell (2-0)
Bricklayers (1-1)
After School Specials (1-1)
Chicken Chokers (0-2)
White Shadows (0-2)

Week #2 MVP - Lou Wasnick
Dud of the Week - I know it was your first week, but 0-6......REED
Stat Stuffer of the Week - Poke

Comment Posted by little witt Dec 13, 2007 03:27 AM

I almost forgot, for all of you out there tying down your vein right now to inject those steroids as you read this, the Grinders Association will be releasing their own Mitchell Report later this week, and the punishment will be harsh for those of you whose names appear on that list. We like to have a fun and clean league and steroids will not be tolerated.

Comment Posted by DP Dec 13, 2007 10:13 AM

What did the five fingers say to Keith Smith?

S W A T!!!!!

I am swatting Keith's shit back to California tonight!

Comment Posted by DP Dec 17, 2007 04:59 AM

Mission Accomplished!! I am little disappointed it took 9 minutes into the game to swat Keith.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com